The weather is finally getting warmer so I’m celebrating by swapping hot porridge for this mulberry and buckwheat bircher muesli. It’s absolutely delicious, super wholesome and 100% vegan.
You can watch me making it on my YouTube channel right HERE.
2 Braeburn apples
juice of 1/2 lemon
40g flaked almonds
40g dried mulberries
1 heaped tbsp flaxseeds
30g of roasted/sprouted buckwheat
500ml of almond milk (I like Rude Health)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
More flaked almonds
A drizzle of agave nectar/maple syrup /coconut nectar
1. Place the oats in a big bowl
2. Chop the apples into thin slices or grate with a coarse grater
3. Add the apple to the oats
4. Then add in the lemon, mulberries, cinnamon, vanilla and almond milk. Mix until well combined and set to one side
5. Place a frying pan on a medium heat and then toast the faked almonds for a few minutes. Then add the buckwheat and toast for a further 2 minutes.
6. Allow the nuts and buckwheat to cool then add to the mixing bowl, saving some for serving.
7. Serve the muesli with coconut yoghurt and fresh berries.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Let me know if you make this by tagging me in a pic on Instagram @VenetiaFalconer