The hardest thing about this salad is the pronunciation of the word ‘quinoa’. But then you involve the world ‘keen’ in the title, and suddenly it’s all gravy. (S/O to my spirit animal Lisa Maffia).
This salad takes 15 minutes to put together and is absolutely perfect for the warmer months. What’s more, you could pop it in a tupperware and have it for lunch at the office or school.
100g of quinoa
200ml of water
50g of sugarsnap peas
half a cucumber
1 ripe pear (fruit of choice)
2 spring onions
1 ripe avocado
30 grams of pumpkin seeds
1.5 tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp french mustard
juice of half a lemon
- Rinse and drain the quinoa and then place in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat to a simmer for 12 minutes.
- Grab a big bowl. Slice the sugar snap peas, peel and chop the cucumber, half the tomatoes, peel and chop the pear, finely slice the onions and slice and chop the avocado.
- Place all the veg and fruit into the bowl and season with salt and pepper
- At this point, the quinoa should be ready, remove from the heat and leave to one side to cool
- In a jar or cup, mix the dressing ingredients together
- Place the pumpkin seeds in a frying pan on a high heat until they start to pop #PumpkinParty, then remove from heat
- Add the quinoa to the bowl, drizzle over the dressing and mix with most of the pumpkin seeds
- Serve with a final scattering of pumpkin seeds and a grinding of pepper
You can make this along with me via the corresponsing video on my YouTube channel and then take a pic and tag me on Instagram! Big love, Venetia x