This milkshake has been known to bring all the (dairy-free) boys to the yard. You have been warned.
I’ve divided this recipe into two sections, firstly the home-made cashew butter – which you can easily buy from the supermarket if you want to make life a bit easier for yourself. The second part is the chocolate shake, which tastes like a thick, sweet, creamy shake like the ones you find at an American diner. Just vegan and nutritious AF.
You can watch me making this with Tastemade in video format HERE.
Homemade Cashew Butter
1 tsp vanilla powder
Pinch of fine sea salt
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees. Pour the nuts onto a baking tray and place in a hot oven
for 10 minutes
2. Place the cooled cashews into the blender, scraping down the sides with a knife if they get stuck as they grind down
3. After about 1o minutes, they should have turned into a creamy consistency, then add the salt and vanilla and blend for another minute.
4. Store in an air-tight container.
The nut butter blend dance is a non-negotiable part of the recipe.
Chocolate Butter Mylkshake
1 over-ripe banana
1 tablespoon of the homemade cashew butter
1 small tbsp tablespoon of cacao powder
400ml of plant based milk
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of himalayan salt
ice to serve
Step away from the cacao Venetia…
1. Peel and cut the banana into bitesize pieces and place in a freezer bag. Freeze for a minimum of 2 hours
2. Once the banana has frozen, add all the ingredients into a blender
3. Once everything has blended, pour into a glass and serve with ice and a straw
Fun fact: This blender was actually weak AF. I’d recommend a NutriBullet.
The cashew butter will keep in a jar for a good few months and you could make the smoothie in advance and place it in the fridge so it’s good to go for breakfast or a midnight snack. What’s more, you could even heat it up as a super thick hot chocolate. You are WELCOME.
It ain’t easy bein’ cheesy…
I really hope you like this recipe and I really, really hope you make it! Big love, Venetia