If one thing’s for sure, my social life is as dry as a desert in January. My skin on the other hand, is as gloriously slippery as an Indian summer.
And it’s all thanks to my all natural, whipped body butter, which is hands (and body) down the best DIY beauty recipe I have made. It’ll have your skin as smooth as Willow Smith’s rise from famous-parent-child-star to imminent inspirational leader and life coach. This will happen. Mark my words.
It’s absolutely perfect for these cold, winter months which seem to take immense pleasure in chapping the life out of our skin, but it’s also great post-holiday tan maintenance. I like to smother it on my body as soon as I get out of the shower, focusing particularly on my knees, elbows and backs of my arms. It’s even better after you’ve used my In Da Club Body Scrub.
100g unrefined shea butter
100g cocoa butter
100g coconut oil
50 ml jojoba oil
25ml sweet almond oil
30 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
You will need:
Saucepan, heatproof bowl and hob for bain-marie
An electric hand whisk
Ice and bowl for ice bath
A big jar for storage
1. Melt the shea butter, cocoa butter and coconut oil in a bain-marie until clear
2. Place the bowl (with the melted mixture) into an ice bath to speed up the hardening process and if you’re short of time, the fridge/freezer
3. Once the mixture has almost completely hardened with just a pool of liquid left on top, remove from the fridge/freezer
4. Add in the oils and start whipping (real good) with an electric hand whisk
5. Once you have the consistency of whipped cream, transfer the mixture to an airtight container.
It will keep in an airtight container for approximately one month.